Friday, May 30, 2008

#52 - I WAS ROBBED!

Goal #52 was to score a soccer goal for my team. This is pretty difficult to do considering that I'm a bad-ass (all things considered...) defense player and therefore I spend most of my time back near our own goal. And I certainly don't want to score there. It's rare that I push up enough to even make an attempt at scoring.

Well, during our last game we were short on players. So as the game progressed, we started getting worn out and not running as much. That's when I noticed that there were only 2 people playing on offense - the rest of us were lolly-gagging at the back - so I ran up to help.

During one exciting play, my husband, me and one of the other guys had the ball bouncing all over the place at the opponent's goal. Someone made a shot. It missed and bounced off the wall. Someone else took a shot. Same thing. Their goalie dived to try to catch the ball, but he missed and somehow I took possession. I had a window! And I was going for it!

I knew I had to kick it high because someone had fallen on the ground in front of me. I knew the goalie was still recovering from his last dive. So I lined the shot up and took it. And it was perfect! It was high, right in the middle, and dropping, about to go in, and ohmygod...

... and then...

...and then...

...some asshat - NOT the goalie - reached up with his hand and bumped the ball just enough to bounce it up and out of the scoreline! Which, by the way, if you don't know is completely illegal! It's cheating, you @$#^@$#% #$%#@$^ %^*$%^!

It would have been my only goal ever! And you stole it from me! You mean, stupid boy!

So I didn't score after all. :( And he didn't even get sent off. Bad call. But I'm not bitter.

Tonight we're playing again. Kharmically speaking, I'm due.

No comments: