Thursday, April 24, 2008

#9 - Funkify Our Guest Bathroom - SINKS!

Is it ridiculous to design an entire bathroom around a sink? Maybe not. If the sink were cool enough...

I'm frustrated with research and procrastinating so I did a quick search of vessel sinks to occupy a few minutes between reading papers. I've planted the seed in Greg's head of installing one of these in our guest bathroom, and I think he'd be up for it.)

So here are a few that I found and dig:


The last 3 wouldn't go with my previous decor ideas at all, but the plans aren't set in stone and could easily change. I love the feel of the 3rd sink from bottom. How awesome would it be to have a bathroom with an exotic, Moroccan/Old World style. In fact, I'd love to do our entire house in that style... Ah, if only money were no object.

Potential problems:
  1. Would I necessarily have to do a wall-mount faucet with these? And how difficult/expensive would that change be?
  2. I'd have to redo the counter too = more $$$. But I was hoping to do that anyway.
  3. Am I going way over-the-top with this whole bathroom redesign?

Again, this was just a quick search. I'll definitely do more research before committing.

If you want to tease yourself, check out Porcher. My eye kept being drawn to their absolutely beautiful basins, but since those run at around $1,500+ each, I think I better put them out of my mind...

2 comments:

MrsMonkey said...

Ooooh, so pretty! You could definitely do one of those basins without doing a wall mount faucet--I've seen some nice counter mount styles. Might be easier than moving around the plumbing!

Debz said...

I think its perfectly acceptable to create a bath around the sink design - go for it. I love vessels