Saturday, April 26, 2008

#73 - Renew My Passport

You know what sucks? Paying $75 + a $60 expedition fee to renew a passport, only to have to renew it yet again a year later. (Ok, I know there are worse things in the world to contend with but work with me, people!)

My last passport was issued in the summer of 2005. In the spring of 2006, I got married and changed my name, thus making my new/old passport (with fantastic picture - a rarity for me) obsolete. For two years I've been putting this off. I've been purchasing tickets and traveling under my maiden name, even though all other legal documentation clearly states my married name. It's been fine so far, but I'm always a bit nervous when I do it. And instead of pushing my luck even further, I've finally succumbed.

I mailed off my passport renewal with name change today. And I'm not even under a deadline. Progress!

The only thing I'm a little sad about - and this is sheer vanity so I'm sorry - is that this is going to be the picture on my passport book for the next ten years:


It's not so bad. What really bugs me though is that I'm about 10 pounds too heavy right now. And when I gain weight, I'm like a chipmunk. I get FAT cheeks. Do you see those fat cheeks in that picture?!? They're enormous! They just take up so much... space!

And now every time I travel the world, I'm going to look down and see this picture and think to myself My God, someone tell that poor girl to lay off the acorns!

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the picture is cute!!

Tabatha said...

I LIKE the picture!!!