Saturday, October 13, 2007

The List

Family & Friends
1. Start TTC.
2. Finish our wedding album.
3. Finish wedding albums for moms.
4. Write a will.
5. Take my husband to visit my home town - in the 5 years we've been together, I haven't done this. Oops...
6. Mail holiday greeting cards on time.
7. Beat Greg at darts.
8. Take Greg to a couple's massage.

Home
9. Funkify our guest bathroom.
10. Xeroscape our front yard.
11. Sew my own curtains.
12. Retile kitchen backsplash.
13. Tile the upstairs bathroom floor.
14. Sew my own throw pillows.
15. Refinish front door and paint it an auspicious red.
16. Strip every last scrap of wallpaper from our home.
17. Grow an herb garden.
18. Learn how to program the thermostat.
19. Chop down dead bushes in the back yard.
20. Plant climbing roses, hollyhocks, and yellow bells around the deck.
21. Buy new dining table and chairs.
22. Paint office walls.

Make the World a Better Place
23. Volunteer for conservation efforts.
24. Buy a hybrid.
25. Donate blood.
26. Say hello to the bus driver every day.
27. Vote in all local elections.
28. Learn CPR.
29. Smile at strangers for one week. Well, except the scary ones.
30. Volunteer at a local race.

Just for Me
31. Graduate with my PhD.
32. Learn guitar.
33. Learn and perform surface plasmon resonance experiments.
34. Obtain a scientific teaching position.
35. Get a facial.
36. Make a 100+ things that make me happy list.
37. Finish watching all episodes of Alias.
38. Purge 101 items from my life.
39. Take the mensa test.
40. Be able to sit Indian-style comfortably - I've never been able to do this...
41. One week, no T.V.
42. Find sexy, black FMB's.
43. Get new glasses.
44. Sew a quilt of all my running t-shirts.
45. Limit at-home computer use to one hour per day for a month (unless its for legit work!).

Health & Fitness

46. Beat my marathon PR of 4:31:28.
47. Run a 5K in sub 8-minute-miles.
48. Compete in an Olympic distance triathlon.
49. Wake up at 6:30 a.m. every weekday for 1 month.
50. Attend Austin Fit runs.
51. Ride in the MS100.
52. Score a soccer goal for my team.
53. Update immunizations.
54. No fast food for one month.
55. Take a multivitamin every day for one month.
56. Go vegetarian for one month.

Intellectual Pursuits
57. Practice French with someone.
58. Learn Spanish.
59. Learn basic Polish.
60. Read 50 books.
61. Read a book of poetry.

Cultural Pursuits
62. See an opera.
63. Watch a play at the Paramount.
64. See the Blue Man Group.
65. See a musical.

Adventure & Travel
66. Visit Asia.
67. Explore NYC.
68. Take a hot air balloon ride.
69. Camp in Lost Maples State Park during the fall.
70. Take a road trip to a state I've never been before.
71. Revisit Boulder.
72. Visit Auschwitz.
73. Update my passport.

Try Something New
74. Dye my hair.
75. Become scuba diving certified.
76. Submit a juicy secret to PostSecret.
77. Knit a sweater.
78. Buy an SLR camera.
79. Learn how to use SLR camera.
80. Learn to make creme brulee.
81. Attend a book signing.
82. See an IMAX movie.
83. Make a hanging mobile.
84. Submit a kitty picture to icanhascheezburger.com.
85. Ride a mechanical bull.

Around Austin
86. See the Congress Avenue bats.
87. Tour the state capitol.
88. Cruise South Congress on 1st Thursday.
89. Swim in Deep Eddy.
90. Spend a night at Hotel San Jose.
91. Enjoy the gospel brunch at Stubb's.
92. Visit 20 new restaurants.
93. Night out at Capitol City Comedy Club.
94. Randomly pick a local band concert from the Chronicle.

Miscellany
95. Write a scathing complaint letter to U.S. Airways.
96. Buy a laptop.
97. Compile a cookbook of my fave recipes.
98. Organize photos.

And Finally...
99. Print this list and hang it in the bathroom.
100. Blog about all 101 accomplishments.
101. On July 12, 2010, make a new 101 in 1001 days list.

4 comments:

Chicklit said...

Re: #77

I've started many sweaters and have never finished them. I want to, but I tend to choose patterns that are knit with laceweight yarn on size two needles. Not a good mix. Do you have a pattern picked out yet, or is it still too early?

Shellie
(who is slightly obsessive about all things knitting)

Larisa said...

Hi Shellie! I've only ever knitted scarves (or similar rectangular objects) using the very basic stitches. Yeah... So the whole sweater thing... Its going to take a bit of work. :)

Debz said...

Me again. Just going through the posts and I feel this overwhelming need to comment on each one - Kind of my own "Kilroy Was Here" thing. Anyway, is this the way it works? I should make "sections" perse and then come up with items for each section. Oh boy this will be fun. I hope you get these comments still - cause I may require some assitance getting started.

Larisa said...

Hi Deb,

I hope you see this...

You can do it any which way you please. I just broke them down into sections for my own benefit. It made it easier for me to find them if they were categorized. Plus, it helped me create some kind of "balance" to the list to make sure my goals were well-rounded.

Glad this could inspire you and good luck on your own list!