Sunday, October 21, 2007

#60 (again)

2 down, 48 to go.
I didn't realize it until just now, but the book I finished last night, Black and Blue, is yet another Oprah Book Club selection. That wasn't intentional, I swear!

Its a very real and poignant story about an abused wife and mother who has finally had enough and disappears with her 12-year-old son. They live in hiding from her NYC cop husband as they both learn to live as a normal family again. Its heart-rending and emotional, and I couldn't put it down. Two thumbs up.

I've now started a memoir called The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls for my second book club that meets in a few weeks. And at this rate, 50 books should be no problem.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

The Glass Castle is one of my favorite books! I hope you love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're making a lot of headway on that list!

Anonymous said...

I've read Black and Blue. I couldn't put it down either. That Oprah's a killer with her book picks.