Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Beginning

I love lists.
I love setting goals.
I love trying new things.
I love challenging myself.

So when I found out about the 101 Things to Do in 1001 Days Project, I jumped at it. So here's the deal. You have to set 101 goals for yourself and complete them within 1001 days - that's about 2 years and 9.5 months. A lot can be accomplished in almost 3 years.

The goals need to actually be something measurable and finite so you can check them off your list as you go. The goals also need to be both realistic and yet challenging.

I'm maintaining this blog as a record of my accomplishments (or at least attempts) in the hope that it will give me equal parts accountability and motivation. With any luck, I will be happily surprised by my productivity and growth at the end of this adventure. I can't wait to get started!

Officially, my countdown begins tomorrow. It ends on July 11, 2010. That seems so far away, doesn't it. But knowing me, I better get started right away. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do this!!! How do I start? I must confess that I wrote a few on paper and only came up with 5 or 6 "projects". Scary... Does this make me boring? I hope not.
My first - Move to Austin

Debz said...

I just came across your post and like any good reader - started at the beginning. I am going to try this, but it may take me a little while to come up with 101 things. Oh, I'm sure I can - it'll just take me some time.
Looking forward to reading more of your posts to see how far you have come!