Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm It!

Oh crap! I've been tagged by Joyce. I haven't been tagged since I was, like, 12. :) I'm both flattered (that anyone else reads this) and a bit perplexed. I'm supposed to share 6 different random things about myself and then tag 6 other people. Oh, the pressure... to be interesting...

Ok, here goes.

Six factoids about moi:

1. I am almost physically repulsed when I hear a song on the radio by the band Rush. I have no idea why. Neither the songs nor the band have any kind of emotional or sentimental connection to me (that I'm aware of). I don't know anything about them. All I know is that when I hear Geddy Lee's voice, I want to scratch my eyes out or jump out a window. Or I could just change the station...

2. The most ridiculous commercials can make me choke up and want to cry. Even when PMS is not a factor. I am very conscious of the fact that its all a well-calculated ploy by evil advertising executives, but I can't help myself.

3. I am freakishly strong. I discovered this as a child when I'd fight with my younger siblings or my cousin Melissa over the stupid stuff kids fight about. They'd always be the ones to get hurt. And they got hurt a lot. I'm sorry, guys. Also, I think I have a high pain threshold, which on very rare occasions, comes in handy.

4. Speaking of pain thresholds... I once fell down a mountain side and landed in big jagged rocks, knocking myself unconscious, in the Rocky Mountains. I had to be rescued by my friends, rangers, and one very unfortunate hiker who also happened to be an EMT. We all had to sleep in the freezing, biting wind on the mountain that night because the rangers didn't find us until it was pitch black outside. Its a long story, worthy of a separate post altogether, but the gist of it is that it took 4 rangers, one helicopter that couldn't land and so flew away instead, a whole team of rangers that were called in to carry me out on a splint and then later called off, and one horse to get me to safety. Its an exciting story, and I'm strangely proud of it - the day Larisa could have died. Needless to say, I am one lucky chica.

5. I'm a sucker for the accents. I mean, a total sucker. Its sad really. In my relatively limited relationship history I've dated two French boys and one Brit, who I am now married to. No, I did not marry him for his accent. But I must admit, that certainly helped ignite the first sparks. :) Its okay. He knows its true. He's comfortable with this fact.

6. I like chocolate, but I hate chocolate cake. I cannot explain this. In fact, any chocolate in the form of bread products, like Oreos, I could really do without. I can eat brownies, but only if they're the really ooey-gooey kind. Too dry? Fo'get about it. Chocolate in any other form? Sign me up!

So maybe some of those weren't so original, but its all I got! For now, at least...

Now here are MY six victims:

Polly
Tabatha
Cori
Jessica
Jennifer
Jamie

Tag! You're it!

4 comments:

Juicy said...

Yay! I like your 6 things, I can't wait to hear about the near-death experience. Sounds very interesting. Glad you lived to tell the tale. Thanks for spreading the joy. ;)

ashley said...

not like chocolate cake?? that actually sounds SO good right now. its almost 10:30... think its too late to start baking? ;-)

i like your 6... i need to work on mine!

Jennifer said...

Ack! I've been tagged! What do I do now?

Tabatha said...

Dang it...you got me! :)