Monday, January 21, 2008

Little Closer to #52

My soccer team WON its first game last night! This is our second season of playing together, and aside from one forfeit, we'd lost every single stinking game. But not last night! We kept it 0-0 until halftime. Then my husband scored! And it was the first time that we were ever actually UP in a game. But that was short-lived. A few minutes later, they equalized so our celebration was cut short.

But then Glenn scored his first goal ever. And my husband scored again! Go, baby, go!

I'm so happy that we've finally WON. But I also had a beautiful opportunity to score. I've finally started to go up into offense positions, and I was in the perfect position last night to knock one in. I stopped the ball right in front of the goal, but it had this weird spin on it, and I was afraid of kicking the crap out of it and hurting the goalie. I'm so annoyed with myself. I could have just dinked it in if I had moved a bit faster. Oh well. Next time!

1 comment:

ashley said...

you can do it!! i'll be waiting for the next update where you scored the winning goal! ;-)

i hate soccer by the way... it freaks me out. its like the soccer ball has a magnet to my head!